Sunday, 27 May 2012

The End is in Sight

The project deadline is closing in and the stress of three years is mounting on what will be our final hand in. However, things are going well and the animation is almost complete. I have a few things to tweak with the music and complete some other minor issues, but I'm happy with what I have achieved. I won't be showing any final animation or documentation until after hand in, but I have some still images from the short that I'm hoping you will like.


All is going well, despite the various things still to do and despite the areas which I wish were better. However, at the very beginning of this project I knew a short animation with two characters and a detailed environment was going to be tough. I did so because I wanted to push myself further than before to create a narrative that I crafted and understood. I've worked like hell and I've tried my hardest at every stage, whether it's rigging, modelling or animation. The real result of how effective the film is will be known once an audience can see it, whether this is good or bad, I still tried to achieve something, and in the words of Charlie Kaufman...

"Let’s not worry about failure. Failure is a badge of honour; it means you risked failure. If you don’t risk failure you’re never going to do anything that’s different than what you’ve already done, or what somebody else has done." 

Charlie Kaufman

Check back tomorrow night to see the final animation.

2 comments:

  1. looks great!! looks like the effort's paying off jordan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nikhita. I'm glad it has come to fruition at last.

      Delete