Sunday, 10 February 2013

Digital Painting - The Quest to Improve

I spent plenty of time as a student painting and drawing, but I never really focused my attention on improving to a professional level. Now that I have the opportunity to really focus, I paint everyday and already I'm noticing a difference. I started about 2 or 3 weeks ago, posting regularly to a sketchbook on ConceptArt.org. Below are some of the studies from my time so far.


So far I've concentrated on studies that help me explore basic principles. Still life reference, anatomy studies and speed paints from film stills. I will eventually begin to look at environmental painting etc. I've also been working on various freelance / personal projects which I should be able to show here very soon. There are some exciting projects in the pipeline and as soon as I can share the info I will. In the meantime, keep following my painting progress at my CA sketchbook - CONCEPT ART SKETCHBOOK. Any feedback is always appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment