Thursday, 31 December 2015

Happy New Year!

2016 is nearly upon us and so it's time for a blog post! I'm normally a miserable git at this time of year, but something in the air has changed my outlook and so I'm pumped up for the year ahead. It's a new year, so that means leaving any old shit at the door. Start fresh, work hard and be excited about making things. This is a time to be hopeful. New Years resolutions are for chumps, but the one resolution I think is actually worth following is simple...work harder.

I'll be starting the new year with a few really cool projects (3d scanning, animation, prints, collectives) and also with a new sketchbook. So, this week I'll try and post a video showing the main sketchbook I've been using over the last 12 - 15 months. It was a slow sketchbook that lingered around for far too long but I think it shows a change in my work.

On a completely narcissistic note; I've spent the last few years figuring things out, working out where I stand in this big abyss. Ultimately, that filled me with depression. Whilst it seemed everyone else was out travelling the world, seemingly happy, rich and successful, I largely felt stuck in a rut. And it's time to move past all of that rubbish. The nagging images of social media haunting me with the lives of others, is perhaps the one thing I'd like to get rid of in 2016. And now that I at least have a few things figured out, it's time to start making them happen. So, let's just call this a new beginning. Enjoy the New Year, but more importantly, look forward to actually making stuff.

Best,

Jordan

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete